Sunday, August 1, 2021

 What's "for the best" doesn't necessarily feel positive

It sometimes feels like a bruise being pressed

And I felt the slow twinge of pain as I felt it slipping

On the hinge of falling apart

Things we were hopeful for - I have "a good feeling" about this one

We say each time, not knowing the full weight of disappointment

Until the bottom falls out

Endless pressure from gravity and the stress of it all

"Figuring it out," perpetually

As if it's something to check off the list

We never quite get there - Do we? Did we?

Everything is just momentary, it often seems

And there is comfort in that

But much of the time, it's just really painful

When I think of the friends I've been in love with

The qualities they possess

I wonder if there is someone out there who embodies it all

No comments:

Post a Comment