Sunday, August 1, 2021

Whenever I feel like I'm not enough

I always wish I could will myself into a different way of being

Replace part of my personality with something new

Jump into someone else's body

Or maybe just will myself away


Maybe the issue is with scenery

Feeling displaced with where trying to build a home

Perpetually roaming, longing for what seems unattainable--

A deep, sought after comfort

Which seems like a myth, yet we all try anyway


I feel the lust in my lungs when my chest seizes

The burdened breaths and automated, unintentional heavy sighs

Always finding myself staring off

Having zero thoughts, having twenty- all at once

I'm juggling between what seems logical

And what is most certainly an annoying undercurrent of paranoia


Of course I know best when I'm being ridiculous

I take it harshly and in absolutes, instead of in half truths

I wear them as branding of my misgivings

And so I can be open and warm until I remember then try to hide myself away

Cover up my skin--all until the false confidence begins again

I never thought I was this insecure, but maybe I am

But maybe this is normal, maybe this is everyone

Hard to tell when we're all trying so hard to pretend otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment