Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Prophecy, 2012

Before I left for school, my mother told me a prophecy. She was at a holiday party and met this woman. When they were introduced, the woman took note of my mother's wedding ring. She held her hand and examined the ring. My mother made a point to tell me that this was unwarranted, that she doesn't pry into my business... but this psychic woman revealed to her a revelation.

She asked my mother if she had a daughter. Yes, two. Looking into the ring, the psychic said she saw a daughter with dark hair. This daughter had music notes surrounding her. Me, no doubt. The psychic went on to say that I was engulfed in troubles. That I was a troubled young woman. But not to worry, because by April, things will be better.

This has been haunting me whenever I think of my poor disposition. I don't want to have to wait until April for everything to be okay. It's good to be assured that things will and can be fine, but I hate feeling like I have no control over my own life.

A lot of times, I just wish I was thirty with a decent job I can stand, a place to call home, a life-long companion I luckily found by then, and children of my own. That's all I want. Hobbies are for those that have time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment