Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Remember, the sensation of cold fingers & electricity...
awaken and born again with every touch.
Reaching out, as if I might die, if I can't feel your warmth.

Remember, the feeling of your profile & mass pressing against my back--
the weight & pressure which grounds me.
I feel you standing behind me, and locking into place like a key in the door.

You are behind me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say life is full of many loves, not just one.
And so how many times will I be born in my life?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankful, for what I have...
So much harder to recognize
Than my sadness for what I am lacking.

Your sudden absence burns like a dozen bombs
Every memory a devastating hit.

I spend the holiday with my family in safety
While missiles are tossed back and forth.

I'm here, physically; though,
I feel more so in Gaza,
Defenseless.
Likewise, I feel our separation is
A conflict that will never be
Resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment